Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Recap: Nesting and Room re-do

Now that the girls are down to seven in their room, they decided that it's time to remodel their room. They have had the same color in their room for almost ten years. They decided that it's time to give a more mature feel. Cindy comes up to help the family. They decided that they want to do a burnt orange, dark and light gray for paint colors.
Jim Bob says that the girls room is his favorite because it's bright and cheerful. He tries to convince the girls to leave the painted tree and horses. The girls want to cover them up.
Josh and Anna pack up their kids to head for their first appointment with their midwife. This is the first baby of the family to be born in DC. Josh and Anna are nervous about not having the family around for the birth.
Jessa and Jill head to get baby dilly's room all ready. Michelle says that she is super excited for Jill's first child.
 Grandma Duggar and Jana are taking care of the youngest ones while their parents are in Chicago for a meeting. Josie has a fever and along with a seizure. Jana and Scott carry out the information by the dispatcher that Grandma Duggar is on the phone with. Josie is taken to the hospital with her older sister. Jim Bob and Michelle were worried about their daughter made it home as soon as they could.
   Due to the fact that she was born early, Josie has had a lot of seizures which are cause by her temperature spikes up.
The next day Josie is happy to be in her parents arms and is doing great. Jana is happy to have her mom and dad back.


3 comments:

  1. Hello, I'd heard briefly on your show this past week or so, that Josie had a seizure so tried this a.m. to see if you had a website.....first time on here. Just found this commentary about Josie having many seizures and will keep her in prayer. I was born a bit premature in 1956 and had some febrile seizures/convulsions as they were called back then. Then in adulthood at age 23 or so I was living under power lines in this house and started having petit mal temporal lobe psychomotor seizures (as they became diagnosed eventually). Of course since MD's only have the options of medications or surgery essentially; it was recommended I go on meds. Not knowing better at the time and trusting my neurologists recommendations; I did so. Was first put on Tegretol: here's a brief summary of that drug: Tegretol or Carbatrol (carbamazepine)

    •First choice for partial, generalized tonic-clonic and mixed seizures
    •Common adverse effects include fatigue, vision changes, nausea, dizziness, rash.
    The doctor put me on this because I knew I wanted to have children within a few years, and he theorized it was safer for pregnancy. After approx. 1 month on Tegretol, I got violently ill with vomiting and was in bed most of that week. My neurologist just told me to quit taking the med cold turkey, with no phasing off, so I did. (After 30 + years now I know that's almost unheard of.....cold turkey I mean). Long story short, though I have a son training to become a DO/MD right now, I know that MD's esp. basically have no training in nutrition and prevention or supporting the overall immune system naturally to help our bodies God gave us to heal themselves, but rather are trained to put us on symptom suppressing drugs that mask the underlying real problem/origin of the symptoms; which in Josie's case is manifesting as seizures. I had to tell my neurologist a few years ago after a drug change attempt that failed due to him rushing me off Phenobarbitol too fast and then putting me on Leviteracetam with it (first time on 2 drugs) that I felt I was over medicated. He agreed to phase me off some of the Leviteracetam and when I did so, the frequent seizures stopped. Now only rarely do I have any. My husband and I juice organic vegetables and fruit almost every morning, and I've started buying almost exclusively organic foods at market and grow my own gardens in summer here in WI. Now we need to get organic or non chemically raised grass fed beef, chicken, etc. more incorporated into our diets by buying direct from farmers like I used to in the early years of our marriage; as I was raised on a small dairy farm and that's the only way I knew to get meat. We never bought our meat from a store in other words.
    Josie is young enough that if her little precious system doesn't get polluted by the drugs she may never be able to get off of; but rather supported by a proper high protein/high healthy fat diet; she has a much better chance for her immune system to clean up the cells in her body and protect her brain cells and their synapses, thus enabling them to signal correctly. I have faith that it's not too late for my brain to change either, with enough dietary change and proper support.
    God didn't choose to put man in a garden for no reason and as Hippocrates said "Let your food be your medicine and your medicine be your food". (didn't look up just now, but think that's the correct quote). God be with your whole family as you study and learn to best support Josie's little system. May she be granted full health, Lord Willing. Thank you all, for your show/the sharing of your lives, I enjoy watching it very much. May God grant you His peace. Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. do u know if u could watch 19 kids and counting on something else besides the tv???-Jordyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jordyn,
      Sometimes it's posted on youtube.
      Blessings

      Delete

Thanks for leaving your comments! We answer as many of your questions as we can, but due to the number of comments we receive daily, we are unable to answer every one. Our aim is to post all points of view, but we do not post anything that is profane, insulting, derogatory, or in poor taste.