Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Michelle Duggar on Inexpensive Date Nights

Michelle Duggar on Inexpensive Date Nights

Catch up with all of Michelle's Video Blogs
DCL
Question from a fan on Facebook: Do you and Jim Bob have favorite inexpensive date night ideas?
We sure do! Sometimes we’ll go for a drive and just park and talk or take a walk and talk. It’s so nice when it’s quiet and there are no interruptions. We really enjoy that because we’re not around a lot of people then, and we can catch up with each other. Other times, we’ll go out for a coffee or ice cream, which is my favorite weekly sweet treat, or occasionally a nice meal. It’s not uncommon for our dates to get bumped around because of our busy schedules. If we’ve got something happening on our regular date night, Jim Bob usually will just call me up on a weekday and ask me out on a date. It’s really sweet, he’ll call up and say, “Hey, can I come and steal you away for a date?” Then he’ll surprise me and take me for lunch between his office work and my work at home.
Jim Bob is so much more spontaneous than I am. I like to plan ahead and think about it for days and always have my ducks in a row. But I’ve learned to just jump and go; it’s so much more fun that way.
At first, those two different personality traits can be a challenge, but you really do need to be flexible with each other and spontaneous in your relationship. For a while it was really hard for me, because I’d think, “Wait a minute, we can’t do that. I’m not prepared. I’ve got to get all these things done.” And I realized that was squelching Jim Bob’s creativity and fun spirit – both things that I really love about him. I had to let go of that urge to plan everything. And when I did, it brought such a wonderful new dimension to our marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! We answer as many of your questions as we can, but due to the number of comments we receive daily, we are unable to answer every one. Our aim is to post all points of view, but we do not post anything that is profane, insulting, derogatory, or in poor taste.