Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Getting mommy time



How Michelle Duggar Spends Her "Me Time"

SELF on 09.17.13
19 Kids and CountingBIO
 
Photo: DCL
Question from a "19 Kids and Counting" fan on Facebook: What do you really like to do when you have a few minutes for a little “me” time? 
Well, sleep might be part of that! Maybe a power nap for 15 minutes or so. Of course, my absolute favorite thing to do when I have some free time is to spend one-on-one time with my hubby or my kids because they’re my most favorite people in the world.
But apart from that, typically when everyone goes to sleep and it’s quiet, I really enjoy catching up on studying or reading. I’ve got like 20 books sitting idle in my chair in my room that I’m trying to read. I try to get five or ten minutes into one book and then maybe read a little bit of another book. I love that quiet time. It’s really nice just to have time to read the Bible and pray and wait for the Lord to just speak to me in the quiet without any distractions. No one’s knocking on the door. And so I might actually get two hours of really good time alone with the Lord and not have one person interrupt. If I choose to lose some sleep that way, it’s well worth it because I really get energized by it.
That’s how I refuel and get motivated to learn something new to share with the kids the next day or just for myself. I’ve got kids in every season of life. They’re all so different. There’s so much that can be learned, and you’re never going to learn it all. Life is a classroom. And so my “me” time is just that time to have a little quietness and read and learn more to share with my family.
As far as hobbies, when the kids were little I had lots of things that I was learning how to do: home decorating, sewing, flower arranging. I would teach the kids a lot of those things, too. Now my older kids are sharing those things with the younger ones. My real hobby is my children; I enjoy being with my kids most of all!
Have a burning question for Michelle Duggar? Send it to her and it could appear in an upcoming post!
Don't forget to watch tonight's season premiere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! We answer as many of your questions as we can, but due to the number of comments we receive daily, we are unable to answer every one. Our aim is to post all points of view, but we do not post anything that is profane, insulting, derogatory, or in poor taste.